Citation Issuance/Impound Procedures
- If a bicycle is unattended during the time of violation UPD are authorized to enforce parking laws & regulations.
- Officers will attach to the bicycle, a warning notice of violation which states that owner needs to call the University Police, and if bicycle is not claimed within 72hrs it will be impounded. A U-lock will be placed on bicycle.
- Once owner contacts UPD a citation will be issued.
- If owner is present a citation will be immediately issued.
For questions about a citation received, call (415) 338-7827, Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Citation Payment Information
- Payment by mail: Make check or money order for amount of fee listed on the front of the citation payable to SFSU CITATION PROCESSING. Do not send cash. Write the citation number on the check or money order. Your cancelled check will serve as a receipt. Enclose the payment and the citation in the return envelope or send to address printed on the front of the notice.
- Payment in person: You may pay your citation in person at the SFSU Parking Department on North State Drive or at either of the SFSU cashier’s
offices: Administration Building 155 or Student Services Building first floor. The Parking Department cannot accept cash – checks or money orders only.
- Step One: Request for Citation Cancellation: If you wish to contest a citation, you must do so in writing within 21 calendar days from the date of issuance. Forms are located at the parking Department on North State Drive on the SFSU campus or online at http://www.sfsu.edu.~parking.
- Step Two: Administrative Review: If your request for cancellation has been denied and you would like to further contest the citation, you may do so in writing within 10 days of the mailing results of step one. Administrative review will be done after the fee is paid. Forms are located at the parking Department on North State Drive on the SFSU campus.
(Appeal Process is different from parking citations so needs to be in this section)