- A valid daily or semester permit is required to park at all times in every lot.
- Vehicles not displaying a valid SF State parking permit will be cited.
- Failure to respond to 5 or more unpaid citations may result in the immobilization (booting) or towing of your vehicle at owner's expense.
Note: Violators who are current permit holders may have ONLY 3 citation dismissals and/or warnings per semester of the same violation code. Per Vehicle Code, The University Police and Parking Department have the authority to cite for all violations per CA DMV Rules and Regulations.
Stonestown parking lots are only for patrons shopping within the mall. Stonestown has posted their parking policies throughout the lots and has a towing company monitoring the areas. Violators will be towed at vehicle owner’s expense, per CVC 22658.A
What happens if I get a parking ticket?
In accordance with section 21113 of the California Vehicle Code and 42200, Title 5 of California Administrative Code, vehicles found to be parked in violation of campus parking regulations and/or the California Vehicle Code will be issued a Notice of Parking Violation by the San Francisco State University Police Department.
Citation Payment Information
- Via mail by making checks/money orders payable to: San Francisco State Citation Processing. Write the citation number on the check or money order. Your cancelled check will serve as a receipt. Enclose the payment and the citation in the return envelope or send to the address printed on the front of the notice. Do not send cash.
- In person at the Parking and Transportation Department, Bursar’s Office in the Student Services Building, or the Administration Building. You can pay by credit card or check/money order.
Credit Card payment through the Citation Processing Center website or by calling 1-800-989-2058. There is a $3.50 service fee for this option.
Payment Plan Option
If you are unable to pay the full amount of your citation(s) in one payment, you may request a Payment Plan Form by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. There is a $25 fee for the payment plan option (which will be applied on the first payment) and the minimum payment per month is $25 with a maximum of nine months to complete. Minimum payments and payment duration will be based on the amount owed. For more information, please visit the Parking & Transportation office located on North State Drive, contact us via email or give us a call at (415) 338-1441.
Citation Appeal Process
Step One: Request for Citation Cancellation: If you wish to contest a citation you must do so within 21 days from the date of issuance. Forms can be obtained via the following methods:
By filling out our Online Protest Form.
By visiting the Parking and Transportation office (located on North State Drive).
Through mail or by calling (415) 338-7827 (8:00 AM - 5:00 PM Mon-Fri).
By printing out the Request Form (note: clicking on the request form link will bring up the cancellation form in a new blank window so that you can print it out, close the window when done with the form to see this page again.
Step Two: Administrative Review: If you would like to further contest the citation you must do so within 21 days of the mailing of the results of step one. Forms can be obtained at the Parking and Transportation office. If you would like the form to be mailed or emailed, please call (415) 338-1441.
Step Three: Civil Hearing: If you disagree with the Hearing Examiner’s decision, you may schedule a court hearing at the San Francisco Municipal Court, 850 Bryant Street Room 101. There is a fee of $25.00, which is refundable if the appeal is found not liable by the civil judgment.